How to start - Deployment Options
You can adopt Amplespot via following tree ways:
Obtain Amplespot as Solution-as-a-Service
Get in touch with our sales team to learn how you can adopt Amplespot products via our solution as a service model.
We or our local Certified Partner will provide all knowledge and equipment to get you started in no time. This process is as simple as getting your home broadband.
Configure your WiFi system to work with Amplespot
If you already have an enterprise system from one of the following vendors you can configure it to work with Amplespot.
Click on one of the links below for step-by-step instructions on how to configure your controller or standalone access points to work with Amplespot.
|Aruba Networks (Virtual Controller)
Aruba Networks (Aruba Central)
|Extreme Networks (Beta) - contact us|
|Ubiquiti UniFi (Beta) - contact us|
Not finding your system?
Some of the vendors we also support are not listed here.
Get in touch to learn if your system is supported.
Install Amplespot firmware to your access points
When you install Amplespot firmware on your devices such as a router or access point it gives you full control over your WiFi network without need if any additional hardware and licensing. Amplespot firmware can be installed on host of different devices. To learn how to obtain (its free) and install the firmware follow this guide.
Amplespot firmware is based on OpenWrt operating system.
Devices where Amplespot firmware can be installed:
- Vehicle, MiFi: All devices with USB ports or mini-PCIe slots can be used in mobility environments with 3G/4G dongles or miniPCI-e cards. Scroll down for more info.>
- Indoor: Home icon means the device is for indoor use only.
- Outdoor: Umbrella icon means the device is weather-protected and can be installed outdoors.
- Battery power: Battery icon means the device can either have an internal battery installed, powered via USB or has Automotive 12/24 volts connector.
- Suitable as a gateway: Airplane icon marks very high performance (600Mbps - 1Gbps) devices that can be used as central gateways.
- Physical security: Lock icon means device features high-security options such as metal casing, locks or other anti-theft protection options.
- SIM card slot: This icon means the device has SIM card slot.
|Image||Brand||Model||Deployment||WLAN 2.4GHz||WLAN 5GHz||LAN Ports||USB Port||mini
|Price Guide||OEM Device Homepage|
|MikroTik||hAP AC Lite
|MikroTik||wAP LTE kit
|TP-Link||Archer C7 (AC1750)||b/g/n||a/n/ac||Yes||Yes||$70||https://www.tp-link.com/...|
|Ubiquiti||UniFi AP Pro||b/g/n||a/n||Y||$80||https://www.ubnt.com/...|
|Ubiquiti||UniFi AP AC LITE||b/g/n||a/n/ac||$95||https://www.ubnt.com/...|
|Ubiquiti||UniFi AP AC LR||b/g/n||a/n/ac||$98||https://www.ubnt.com/...|
|Ubiquiti||UniFi AP AC Mesh||b/g/n||a/n/ac||$90||https://unifi-mesh.ubnt.com/|
|Ubiquiti||UniFi AP AC PRO||b/g/n||a/n/ac||Y||Y||$120||https://www.ubnt.com/...|
|Ubiquiti||UniFi Outdoor Plus||b/g/n||$100||https://www.ubnt.com/...|
|Western Digital||My Net N600||b/g/n||a/n||Y||Y||$80||http://support.wdc.com/...|
Mobility deployment hardware options
The following devices are fully integrated with Amplespot firmware. Traffic stats, data transfer limits, coverage, location and much more is available via Amplespot admin Dashboard when one of these devices are used.
|Image||Brand||Model||Type||Notes||Price Guide||OEM Device Homepage|
|Huawei||E3372||4G USB Dongle||Note external antenna options. https://goo.gl/6Paunu||$65||http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-broadband/e3372/|
|Huawei||ME909s-120||miniPCI-e card||Slower compared to Quectel EC25-E||$65||http://consumer.huawei.com/solutions/m2m-solutions/en/products/tech-specs/me909s_120_en.htm|
|Quectel||EC25-E||miniPCI-e card||Product code for Europe - EC25EFAR02A08M4G||$65||http://www.quectel.com/product/ec25.htm|
|Mikrotik||R11e-LTE||miniPCI-e card||Product code for Europe - R11e-LTE||$75||https://mikrotik.com/product/r11e_lte|